It’s Your Career. Drive It!
Are you looking for an exciting career in a fast paced and dynamic work environment? Discount Car and Truck Rentals is a Canadian owned and operated company. We are a renowned industry leader with over 300 offices across Canada. As a result of our continued growth and success, we are currently searching for new team members at our Head Office in North York!
Full Stack Developer
- Understand client requirements and how they translate in application features
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications
- Design creative prototypes, as required, according to specifications
- Write high quality, efficient, code to integrate into existing code base as either new or feature enhancements within deadlines
- Integrate third party programs and components
- Perform unit and integration testing and validation before launch
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
- Troubleshoot and debug existing software
- Evaluate user feedback, existing applications and knowledge of the business to recommend and execute updates and add new features to existing software
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
- Take ownership of projects from inception to delivery while following the software development standard guidelines set in place
- BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field
- Minimum 7+ years’ previous experience in related role
- Excellent working knowledge of object-oriented concepts and application design principles
- Experience in designing and building applications
- Experience using modern Git workflows with tools such as Sourcetree.
- Advanced knowledge of .NET Framework (C#) using ORM, MVC, DI and other common design techniques and patterns
- Extensive experience building and consuming RESTful and SOAP web services
- In-depth experience programming for Microsoft operating systems and platforms
- Working knowledge of database design principles
- Strong MS SQL expertise including, configuration, T-SQL, the implementation of complex SQL stored procedures, Indexes, performance and Fail-over
- Ability to rapidly learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles.
- A team player with well-established and demonstrable collaboration and communication skills
- Analytical thinking with proven problem-solving capability with a keen eye for detail
- Commitment to delivering quality code on schedule
- Bondable and legally eligible to work in Canada
The following skills are an asset:
- Test/Behavior Driven Development (Jasmin, Karma, NUnit, Cucumber, SpecFlow).
- Continuous Integration & Deployment with tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Docker and other CI / CD technologies.
- Experience using modern scripting languages such as Powershell, Python or ColdFusion.
- Mobile app development using Xamarin or PhoneGapp and Android or XCode).
- Knowledge of: ASP.Net Core and the next generation tools.
- Microsoft Certification such as MCSD or MCP.
What’s in it for you?
- Career advancement opportunities
- Discounted rates on car and truck rentals
- Immediate enrolment in the Discount Incentive program giving you discounted rates on home and auto insurance, clothing, sporting events and more
- Ongoing training program to give you the tools you need to succeed
Join a company with a passion for innovation and customer service. Apply today for immediate consideration!
Discount Car and Truck Rentals is an equal opportunity employer.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please advise your Recruitment Specialist to ensure your requirements are met.