It’s Your Career. Drive It!
Are you looking for an exciting career in a fast paced and dynamic work environment? Join a company with a passion for innovation and customer service that rewards performance through competitive bonus programs and internal growth opportunities. Discount Car and Truck Rentals is a Canadian owned and operated company. We are a renowned industry leader with over 300 offices across Canada. As a result of our continued growth and success, we are currently searching for new team members in North York (Finch Ave. West and Hwy. 400) to join our Claims Team!
The objective of this position is the efficient and accurate day-to-day handling of new, incoming claims and ensuring collections of outstanding payments on a timely basis.
- Receive and review incoming claims including Incident Reports and Police Reports.
- Receive and review all correspondence received from third parties and renters’ insurers.
- Handle incoming telephone calls including claims inquiries, complete third party reports in detail, update file with insurer information, etc.
- Review all documentation in claim file, i.e. accident report, police report.
- Request any missing documentation as needed.
- Determine location of loss and establish liability.
- Determine all exposures based on legislation in place, i.e. Third party, Property Damage, Bodily Injury, Passenger Hazard, Accident Benefits and forward all claims with these exposures as required.
- Based on fault determination, contract violations, and CDW deductibles, determine recoverability of company damages.
- Proactively handle all recovery claims, including first party subrogation carriers, third-party insurers, and sending Notice of Intent on all files.
- Order police reports through Insurance Search Bureau on claims over $1,000.00, or as required.
- Update data in Claims Database as new information is received.
- Complete investigation and pass file to repair supervisor within one business day.
- Upon receipt of paid repair invoices on a recoverable file, calculate total repairs, loss of use charge and administration fee and issue demand letter to responsible party, as necessary.
- Place initial follow-up call and create a diary entry to ensure prompt and frequent follow-up, until file is paid and closed, or, as a last resort, prepare for third-part collections.
- Handling incoming calls from debtors and answering questions to expedite payment.
- Updating files re: payments, prepare A/R adjustments as necessary.
- Attend Small Claims Court proceedings on recovery files as required representing Discount.
- Other related duties as necessary for the accomplishment of the position.
- Post secondary graduate
- Enrolment in CIP courses an asset
- Previous claims experience, car rental and/or auto claims handling experience
- Sound computer skills
- Professional verbal and writing skills are a must
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Career advancement opportunities
- Immediate enrolment in the Discount Incentive program, giving you discounted rates on home and auto insurance, clothing, sporting events and more
- Ongoing training program to give you the tools you need to succeed
- On site gym facilities free for our employees
- Discounted rates on car and truck rentals
720 Arrow Road
North York, ON
Major Intersection: Finch & Hwy 400
Dress Code: Business Professional
Apply now at www.discountcar.com/careers
Discount Car and Truck Rentals is an equal opportunity employer.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please advise your Recruitment Specialist to ensure your requirements are met.