It’s Your Career. Drive It!
Are you looking for an exciting career in a fast paced and dynamic work environment? Join a company with a passion for innovation and customer service that rewards performance through competitive bonus programs and internal growth opportunities. Discount Car and Truck Rentals is a Canadian owned and operated company. We are a renowned industry leader with over 300 offices across Canada. As a result of our continued growth and success, we are currently searching for new team members in North York (Finch Ave. West and Hwy. 400)!
As a member of the IT Department, the .Net Developer will be responsible for the following:
- Provide technical and development expertise to our new and ongoing projects.
- Collaborate with business partner customers, development team, colleagues and other IT staff.
- Transform customer requirements to new application features according to established software development standards and practices.
- Understand client requirements and how they translate in application features
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications
- Design creative prototypes, as required, according to specifications
- Write high quality, efficient, code to integrate into existing code base as either new or feature enhancements within deadlines
- Integrate third party programs and components
- Perform unit and integration testing and validation before launch
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
- Troubleshoot and debug existing software
- Evaluate user feedback, existing applications and knowledge of the business to recommend and execute updates and add new features to existing software
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
- Excellent working knowledge of object-oriented concepts and application design principles
- Experience in designing and building applications
- Web API and RESTful Web Services, LINQ, MVC, JQuery, AngularJS
- In-depth experience programming for Microsoft operating systems and platforms
- Working knowledge of database design principles
- Strong MS SQL expertise including, configuration, T-SQL, the implementation of complex SQL stored procedures, Indexes, performance and Fail-over
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles.
- A team player with well-established and demonstrable collaboration and communication skills
- Analytical thinking with proven problem-solving capability with a keen eye for detail
- Commitment to delivering quality code on schedule
- BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field
The following skills are an asset:
- Test Driven Development (Jasmin, Karma, NUnit).
- Continuous Integration & Deployment with tools such as Bamboo, Docker and other CI / CD technologies.
- Mobile app development. (Xamarin, Android & XCode.
- Knowledge of: ASP.Net Core and the next generation tools.
- Microsoft Certification such as MCSD or MCP.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Career advancement opportunities
- Immediate enrolment in the Discount Incentive program, giving you discounted rates on home and auto insurance, clothing, sporting events and more
- Ongoing training program to give you the tools you need to succeed
- On site gym facilities free for our employees
- Discounted rates on car and truck rentals
720 Arrow Road
North York, ON
Major Intersection: Finch & Hwy 400
Hours: Full Time (37.5 Hours/Week)
Dress Code: Business Professional
Apply now at www.discountcar.com/careers
Discount Car and Truck Rentals is an equal opportunity employer.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please advise your Recruitment Specialist to ensure your requirements are met.